Just a blog post I ran across with some excellent tips for evaluating how difficult it will be to learn a given language. Not necessarily something I’d use (since I’d pick a language based on what it would get me and then soldier on, rather than learning languages based on how easy it’ll be) but something to keep in mind nonetheless.
About the Author
I'm Stephan, a Linux user with a passion for open-source, UI/UX design, and exploring what makes fiction work.
In my spare time, I focus on (and write about):
- Programming (mainly in Python and Rust®)
- Retrocomputing (mostly DOS but, as of January 2023, I also own a machine running Mac OS 9.2)
- Reading and Reviewing Fiction
- The odd bit of UI/UX design or literary theory
For notification of significant updates to existing posts, consider following me on Mastodon.
- Resources for Reverse-Engineering 16-bit Applications
- Recommended Battlestar Galactica “Earth-contact” fics
- SQL Pagination Without OFFSET
- Recommended “Politics in Harry Potter” fics
- Home-made tamper-evident security seals for kids and adults alike
- Fanfiction – A Quick Overview of The Whole Pureblood Pretense Series
- Food For Thought
- Recommended “More-Than-Human Shinji” Evangelion fics
- Chickasaw Mountain by Leslie Fish
- Fanfiction – The Pureblood Pretense