Remember that time I decided to write a post about dogbertcarrol because they just wrote too many good stories to go through them individually? Well, I decided to do that again.
Just as nonjon and Rorschach’s Blot were so prolific in the Harry Potter fandom that they’re the first names that jump to mind when I’m asked to name a Harry Potter author, there exists at least one such person for the Worm fandom: ack1308
Their stories run the gamut from short, funny stuff like Something in the Air Tonight (who brought the copy of Stuperpowers! to the Worm game night?) to Recoil, a 477,091 word (so far) story where Taylor Hebert is sent back without her powers to forge a better future the hard way.
They’ve started 49 stories so far and I’ve enjoyed every one I’ve read. Of those, here are the ones I found most memorable so far:
- Hostage Situation (Panacea meets one of Marquis’s old minions. She winds up deciding she wants her biological father back and ransoms her services for his release.)
- Please Explain (Taylor takes a different tack when Emma tries to push her away after meeting Sophia.)
- Reality Intrudes (Earth Bet is a backup instance of The Matrix. To fly below the radar, the operative who goes in to investigate has to hijack a body. It’s Taylor… in the locker.)
- Snek is a Good Boy (An extra-dimensional wizard’s giant talking snake with the mind of a child decides to drop in occasionally to do heroic things. Naturally, this is a bit of an outside context problem for the Worm cast.)
- Wyvern (Instead of giving her control over bugs, Taylor’s trigger turns her into a dragon. I remembered to take notes while reading this one, so expect a proper review soon.)
I think the fics speak for themselves, so pick the one that sounds the most interesting to you and give it a read.