After far too long, I finally found time to make some of the planned improvements to my gender-bending index.
Beta 2 brings the following improvements:
- The detail expanders on the tables are now at least as comprehensive as the original “static HTML page” version of the site.
- The “Other Sites” list has returned, complete with icon-bullets denoting site types and a handy legend.
- I filled in author/artist/director names for almost every entry. (The remaining ones are a bit tricky, so they’ll have to wait)
- At least half of the data has been reworked to be per-character, per-incident-type rather than per-story. When searching is implemented, this will be very important.
The major remaining features left un-implemented are:
- Filtering and searching (You still have to make do with category grouping and adjustable sort orders)
- Spoiler-hiding (Occasionally, there’s a big plot twist that’s relevant to the nature of the gender-bending. This will require much thought because I need to decide how to classify something that seems to be X but is revealed to be Y.
- An interface for submitting new data and reporting errors directly rather than having to visit my usual contact form.