About the Author
I'm Stephan, a Linux user with a passion for open-source, UI/UX design, and exploring what makes fiction work.
In my spare time, I focus on (and write about):
- Programming (mainly in Python and Rust®)
- Retrocomputing (mostly DOS but, as of January 2023, I also own a machine running Mac OS 9.2)
- Reading and Reviewing Fiction
- The odd bit of UI/UX design or literary theory
For notification of significant updates to existing posts, consider following me on Mastodon.
- Resources for Reverse-Engineering 16-bit Applications
- Recommended Battlestar Galactica “Earth-contact” fics
- Fanfiction – The Pureblood Pretense
- Fanfiction – A Quick Overview of The Whole Pureblood Pretense Series
- Recommended “Politics in Harry Potter” fics
- SQL Pagination Without OFFSET
- Displaying An Image or Animated GIF in Qt With Aspect Ratio-Preserving Scaling
- Stripping Emoji from File And Folder Names
- Recommended “More-Than-Human Shinji” Evangelion fics
- Useful Info On Win16-Targeting Compilers… And a List of DOS/Win16 Resources
Daily Archives: 2008-02-13
The Other by JoeHundredaire Length: 9 Chapters, Ongoing Sources: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Rating: 3.5/5 Ok, Xander gets a different costume at Ethan Rayne’s shop. That’s fairly cliché. Physical traits linger after the whole thing is done. Also common. Xander … Continue reading
Pictures of real jackalopes: Rabbits infected with the Shope papillomavirus (Dead link) Shope Papillomavirus @ Wikipedia Quite the plausible explanation for the origin of the Jackalope myth, wouldn’t you say?
Just a quick summary of the most expedient way to use MoinMoin as a content management sysyem, as I currently used to do for www.ssokolow.com. This is primarily about the parts which are less useful for Wikis, so visit the … Continue reading