About the Author
I'm Stephan, a Linux user with a passion for open-source, UI/UX design, and exploring what makes fiction work.
In my spare time, I focus on (and write about):
- Programming (mainly in Python and Rust)
- Retrocomputing (mostly DOS)
- Reading and Reviewing Fiction
- The odd bit of UI/UX design or literary theory
For notification of significant updates to existing posts, consider following me on Mastodon.
- Resources for Reverse-Engineering 16-bit Applications
- Recommended Battlestar Galactica “Earth-contact” fics
- Getting your way with setxkbmap
- Displaying An Image or Animated GIF in Qt With Aspect Ratio-Preserving Scaling
- Recommended “Politics in Harry Potter” fics
- Home-made tamper-evident security seals for kids and adults alike
Daily Archives: 2008-02-09
Dan Shive’s deviantART Journal – Shadows and Cartoons Just a little realization which should be useful to anyone learning to draw. I know it’s going to help me a lot.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in 15 Minutes A little gift for everyone who sees the movies for the butchered junk they are. Thankfully, I was spared this particular one. (I ended up seeing the fourth though. I’d … Continue reading
Willow the Gargoyle by Jonakhensu Length: 1 Chapter, Ongoing Sources: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Gargoyles Rating: 4/5 As a beta reader, it’s not that difficult to find yourself wishing people could write faster. Today’s example is “Willow the Gargoyle” by … Continue reading