About the Author
I'm Stephan, a Linux user with a passion for open-source, UI/UX design, and exploring what makes fiction work.
In my spare time, I focus on (and write about):
- Programming (mainly in Python and Rust®)
- Retrocomputing (mostly DOS but, as of January 2023, I also own a machine running Mac OS 9.2)
- Reading and Reviewing Fiction
- The odd bit of UI/UX design or literary theory
For notification of significant updates to existing posts, consider following me on Mastodon.
- Resources for Reverse-Engineering 16-bit Applications
- Recommended Battlestar Galactica “Earth-contact” fics
- Fanfiction – The Pureblood Pretense
- Fanfiction – A Quick Overview of The Whole Pureblood Pretense Series
- Recommended “Politics in Harry Potter” fics
- SQL Pagination Without OFFSET
- Stripping Emoji from File And Folder Names
- Displaying An Image or Animated GIF in Qt With Aspect Ratio-Preserving Scaling
- Useful Info On Win16-Targeting Compilers… And a List of DOS/Win16 Resources
- Recommended “More-Than-Human Shinji” Evangelion fics
Monthly Archives: March 2005
I felt like making an improvement today so I threw in new error 404 and error 500 pages.
In case anyone is wondering why I haven’t added anything new to my site or blog, it’s because I’ve started spring cleaning my room and my hard drive. This year, I decided to completely re-think how I organize my computer … Continue reading
Unless you’ve met me in person, you probably don’t know this but, I have over a thousand CD-ROMs. Up until recently, it wasn’t much of a problem since I could just remember which CD held what and where it was. … Continue reading
Title: A Late Bet Entry – War On The Main Line URL: Direct Link – Florestica Author: Dragon Claw Source: Ranma 1/2, Ah! My Goddess Rating: 4/6 Type: Self-Insert Length: 5 Chapters and 3 Omake so far This kind of … Continue reading
Well, I decided to throw in the CSS-based theme before writing the new templating script. There is a bug when viewing the image gallery but I hope to have that fixed soon.
Mibu gishi den A.K.A. “When The Last Sword Is Drawn” Yet another asian materpiece in which key plot elements are delayed until they will have the best possible effect. This historical drama is excellent and, as with My Sassy Girl, … Continue reading