About the Author
I'm Stephan, a Linux user with a passion for open-source, UI/UX design, and exploring what makes fiction work.
In my spare time, I focus on (and write about):
- Programming (mainly in Python and Rust)
- Retrocomputing (mostly DOS)
- Reading and Reviewing Fiction
- The odd bit of UI/UX design or literary theory
For notification of significant updates to existing posts, consider following me on Mastodon.
- Resources for Reverse-Engineering 16-bit Applications
- SQL Pagination Without OFFSET
- Getting your way with setxkbmap
- Home-made tamper-evident security seals for kids and adults alike
- Recommended “Politics in Harry Potter” fics
- Displaying An Image or Animated GIF in Qt With Aspect Ratio-Preserving Scaling
Monthly Archives: November 2016
From time to time, I run across situations where the linkifying Greasemonkey script I use mistakenly includes a closing parenthesis in what it considers to be a URL. Given that I can’t remember a single situation where I needed to … Continue reading