About the Author
I'm Stephan, a Linux user with a passion for open-source, UI/UX design, and exploring what makes fiction work.
In my spare time, I focus on (and write about):
- Programming (mainly in Python and Rust)
- Retrocomputing (mostly DOS)
- Reading and Reviewing Fiction
- The odd bit of UI/UX design or literary theory
For notification of significant updates to existing posts, consider following me on Mastodon.
- Resources for Reverse-Engineering 16-bit Applications
- Recommended Battlestar Galactica “Earth-contact” fics
- Getting your way with setxkbmap
- Displaying An Image or Animated GIF in Qt With Aspect Ratio-Preserving Scaling
- Recommended “Politics in Harry Potter” fics
- Home-made tamper-evident security seals for kids and adults alike
Daily Archives: 2009-12-21
Update: Part 2 is finally available. Despite the growing interest in functional programming, most people (myself included) seem to have a lot of trouble grasping the core concepts and constructs. (Probably because the early adopters are all, to some extent, … Continue reading