About the Author
I'm Stephan, a Linux user with a passion for open-source, UI/UX design, and exploring what makes fiction work.
In my spare time, I focus on (and write about):
- Programming (mainly in Python and Rust®)
- Retrocomputing (mostly DOS but, as of January 2023, I also own a machine running Mac OS 9.2)
- Reading and Reviewing Fiction
- The odd bit of UI/UX design or literary theory
For notification of significant updates to existing posts, consider following me on Mastodon.
- Resources for Reverse-Engineering 16-bit Applications
- Recommended Battlestar Galactica “Earth-contact” fics
- SQL Pagination Without OFFSET
- Recommended “Politics in Harry Potter” fics
- Home-made tamper-evident security seals for kids and adults alike
- Fanfiction – A Quick Overview of The Whole Pureblood Pretense Series
- Food For Thought
- Recommended “More-Than-Human Shinji” Evangelion fics
- Chickasaw Mountain by Leslie Fish
- Fanfiction – The Pureblood Pretense
Daily Archives: 2008-01-24
One of the interesting ideas I first ran across in amateur fiction was the idea of weaving a bunch of Niven-style Ringworlds together to produce something with more surface area than the sci-fi interpretation of a Dyson Sphere (a hollow … Continue reading
Snape’s Worst Nightmare by Draco664 Length: 7 Chapters, Complete Sources: Harry Potter Rating: 5/5 Feeling like a post-canon story? Well, this isn’t HBP-compliant (I usually avoid anything where a favored character has died. Too depressing.), but it’s definitely a worthwhile … Continue reading
Just a couple of quick links I ran across today: Using the Portal Gun in Half-Life 2 and friends Papercraft: Make Your Own Companion Cube Weighted Companion Cube Wallpapers Update: …and a related XKCD comic.