About the Author
I'm Stephan, a Linux user with a passion for open-source, UI/UX design, and exploring what makes fiction work.
In my spare time, I focus on (and write about):
- Programming (mainly in Python and Rust®)
- Retrocomputing (mostly DOS but, as of January 2023, I also own a machine running Mac OS 9.2)
- Reading and Reviewing Fiction
- The odd bit of UI/UX design or literary theory
For notification of significant updates to existing posts, consider following me on Mastodon.
- Resources for Reverse-Engineering 16-bit Applications
- Recommended Battlestar Galactica “Earth-contact” fics
- Fanfiction – The Pureblood Pretense
- Fanfiction – A Quick Overview of The Whole Pureblood Pretense Series
- Recommended “Politics in Harry Potter” fics
- SQL Pagination Without OFFSET
- Stripping Emoji from File And Folder Names
- Displaying An Image or Animated GIF in Qt With Aspect Ratio-Preserving Scaling
- Home-made tamper-evident security seals for kids and adults alike
- How to Hack gtk3-nocsd Into Flatpak Applications
Daily Archives: 2005-02-20
BBC – Transatlantic divisions run deep Nice to see that somebody in the press publicized the things that worry me. As a Canadian I’m very thankful for the Internet.